Gas Safety Week 10 – 16 Sept 2012

Gas Safety Week is here. Always use a Gas Safe registered engineer to fit, fix or service your gas appliances. Always check your engineer’s Gas Safe Register ID card

Is your home Gas Safe? Get gas appliances, such as boilers, cookers and fires, regularly serviced and safety checked every year.

Did you know badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.

Lazy yellow flames instead of crisp blue ones could be a sign your gas appliance is not working correctly.

Do you know the six main signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning… headaches, dizziness, nausea, breathlessness, collapse and loss of consciousness.

Carbon monoxide is a highly poisonous gas that can kill quickly with no warning. Fit an audible carbon monoxide alarm to alert you if there is carbon monoxide in your home.

If you smell gas call the gas emergency number on 0800 111 999

Comments are closed.